Vacation Tracker Changelog
June 6th, 2023
We are turning up the heat this June at Vacation Tracker with some new updates designed to help you prepare for your long-awaited escape.
🔒 We are thrilled to announce a significant milestone in our commitment to security: We have passed our SOC 2 Type 2 audit and have received our report from our auditor.
📅 Improved Calendar Integration: Our recent update allows users to connect personal Outlook and Google Calendars for synchronized leave information across platforms.
We had a small issue with displaying canceled leaves on the Wallchart but are happy to announce that has been resolved.
May 4, 2023
The arrival of Spring has been a welcome sight for us here at Vacation Tracker! With the weather warming up, we’re hoping that our updates brighten your days as well!
Reviewing scheduled leaves using Wallchart is now available! This option gives Admins and Approvers another way to view upcoming leaves and holidays for users!
Say goodbye to importing future holidays manually! We’ve introduced an option to auto-import holidays for future years! Enabling this option will automatically populate holidays for the upcoming years.
At the moment, the feature is accessible for a vast majority of locations, but we’re steadily rolling it out to cover even more locations.
A visual bug prevented the half-day and hourly leaves from appearing on the calendar view. Luckily, our team caught this critter quickly and restored peace in the land.
March 6th, 2023
Spring is just around the corner, and we’re feeling happy-go-lucky about our updates this month!
Adding new users is a breeze on our new Import Users page! This will give Admins more visibility and options when adding new users to the account.
Pro-rating quotas for new employees is now available! Admins importing new users will be able to automatically pro-rate the quotas for new users who start mid-year.
We want to hear from you, that’s why we’ve introduced Vacation Tracker Office Hours! This monthly webinar aims to share expert tips and information about Vacation Tracker, where you can ask us questions in real time! Look out for future announcements to see when our next session is!
A small visual bug affected the Slack statuses from being updated. Our team quickly captured this annoying pest and released it back into the wild!
February 6th, 2023
January has come and gone, and we’re welcoming February with open arms! To ease you back in to the work routine, just like this month, we’re keeping our updates short and sweet:
Experiencing a change of heart when it comes to our Email option? Clients who are using Vacation Tracker with their Email can now initiate an option to change platforms. Admins will see the Switch to Another Platform option on their General Settings page!
A tiny not-so-loved-bug invaded the calendar view and leave requests for some users. Our team vanquished this micro mite and restored the peace!
January 6th, 2023
Happy New Year from all of us here at Vacation Tracker! We’re thrilled to start the new year off with some amazing updates for you!
Admins can now set half-day holidays in their locations! This is certainly useful when celebrating long weekends!
Company Logs are now available for Admins to review! This page will list all changes made to the account, such as enabling leave policies, updating locations, adding holidays and importing users!
A minor pest invaded the Add Leave option for some Admins, causing some wonky visibility. Luckily, our team released a fix and the holiday celebrations carried on!
December 7, 2022
December’s here and to mark the start of the season, we’re hoping that our latest improvements will bring you some holiday cheer
New companies have the option to set a calculation start date in Vacation Tracker. This option will calculate previous leave quotas and brought forward days according to the specific date in the Settings section of the online dashboard!
We’ve added an option to see the calendar button to the leave requests sent to Approvers! This button allows Approvers to go to the online dashboard calendar view to see what other leaves and/or holidays are scheduled on or around the time of this request.
A small visual bug was affecting the mobile view of the online dashboard. Luckily our team caught this quickly and released a fix to vanquish this creepy crawler!
November 2, 2022
We’re kicking of the start of November with some updates that we’re hope you’re going to fall in love with!
Depending on your language preferences, Admins can now set the notifications in English or French! This setting can be configured on the Notifications page at any time!
For our Microsoft Teams users, we’ve released an update to the Add Users page. Here, you will see a quick breakdown of the number of users who have been imported from your workspace directory, and how many active users you have in your directory!
Lastly, a Brought Forward column has been added to our Leave Balance Report. Admins can now easily see how many days have been brought forward for each leave type and each user!
A sneaky little pest affected some users’ option to edit their leave requests. Luckily our team vanquished this critter and saved the day!
October 3, 2022
October’s here and to help you enjoy this cozy, sweater-weather month, we’re giving you all treats, no tricks!
- We’ve updated the format for the quotas on user profile pages! Quotas are now shown in days and hours so users have a crystal-clear picture of their leave allotments.
- Hourly leaves can now be set in Leave Policies! This improvement is part of our Complete plan, and allows users to request leaves by the hour.
- Admins can now assign Brought Forward Expiry dates to Leave Policies instead of locations!
- A creepy crawler affected the dates in some Leave History tabs. Luckily, our team swept the critter away and stabilized the realm.
- A web-weaver tangled some brought forward balances. Fortunately, our team untangled the pests and restored the peace!
September 6th, 2022
April 25th, 2022
It’s spring time 🌸 and with spring come new features 🥳 (and a couple of bugs … and for some unfortunate people, allergies) but let’s focus on the positives!
- 📆 We have introduced the “Add to Calendar” button which can now add your approved leave in your private calendar as an event. You can then edit and customize this event as you please (eg: setting yourself as busy or away during your leave).
- 📝 The Employee ID field is a special gift for you HR and Accounting people! You can now enter the employee ID from your HR system or Payroll system for each user within Vacation Tracker. This way, you can easily export our leave information and organize or import according to the ID.
- 💾 Last but definitely not least, no more unnecessary conversions from the CSV format to Excel, we give you the option for both. You can now export your reports in either the CSV format or the Excel format.
- 🐞 Along with the mentioned spring and the bugs, we had a small visual issue when it comes to our brought forward field. Our team caught the little rascal and fixed the issue with the brought forward field.
February 20th, 2022
- ℹ️ We have added the brought forward limit and expiry date on the user’s profile page, in order to give more information to the users about their leave balances.
- 📆 Our Microsoft Teams users now have an additional tab they can add to Microsoft Teams (besides the Overview tab), the Calendar tab that includes all of our calendar information and filters within Microsoft Teams.
- 🐜 An inconvenient Microsoft Teams bug decided to affect our bot for a short time. Luckily our borders were quite secure so a limited number of teams were affected. It took a little time but Microsoft has caught the bug, and the fix was released in batches resolving our issue as well.
January 20th, 2022
Welcome to year 2022! 🎉 💫. We sincerely hope it’s the year when we will all say goodbye to Covid and hello to a lot more vacation time and traveling 🏝 !
This year we plan to introduce a few exciting new options from our roadmap, as well as improvements and features for our current integrations. One of the options we are currently working on is the e-mail only sign in: an option to sign-up with Vacation Tracker using any e-mail address and to allow users to create their own accounts using their e-mail addresses. If this is something you may be interested in, feel free to join our waitlist by going to: app.vacationtracker.io and clicking on Connect with Email.
December 31st, 2021
It is officially end of year and I am sure we are all happy to be done with 2021!
We’re planning something big for 2022 and that will include the option to sign-up for Vacation Tracker with your work email address. If you are interested, feel free to add your contact email to the list by going to: app.vacationtracker.io and clicking on Connect with Email.
From our team to yours, wishing you all the best in the upcoming year! 🐨
Happy Holidays and Happy New Year! 🥂 🎉. 🎁
December 20th, 2021
It is end of year and it is like 12 days of Christmas at Vacation Tracker! 🎄 🎁 💫
We just keep releasing improvements and features and maybe a few fixes but .. that comes with the improvements and the features 🙂 !
- 🙌 Introducing Notifications 2.0; as you know, we already had basic daily and weekly notification settings. However, now you can customize each notification to filter by locations, departments and labels. You can send notifications through channels and via emails. And finally, you can create as many customized versions of notifications as you’d like!
- 🏝 For all of you Slack users, we’ve heard you loud and clear.. we just didn’t have the time.. but we are happy to let you know that you can now have a Slack status automatically set once you are on a leave! The Admins can now set a status and a matching emoji for each leave type within Vacation Tracker.
- 💾 The Initial Brought Forward field allows Admins to add any previous (initial) balance for the user’s first year within Vacation Tracker (whether you are adding information from a previous tracking system or simply editing the user’s first year balance).
- 📝 Along with the Initial Brought Forward field, we also decided to make a small upgrade to our Logs tab and added logs for various changes such as location updates and setting changes that could affect the user’s balance(s).
- 🌃 Finally, we’ve also worked on small improvements to the overall UX within the dashboard including improvements to our Dark Mode to ensure a clearer view of information.
October 20th, 2021
You repeated, over and over again, and we listened! We have updated our dashboard home page and our calendar page…
- 🔥 We introduced a clearer and a more interactive heat map on the home page. We also updated the overview for today and scheduled leaves along with the new filters mentioned earlier in our Changelog.
- 📆 Additionally, we also added a new calendar view (a list view) to our calendar page for all of you left-brained users! Don’t worry right-brainers, the original visual view is still available.
- 🐌. We had a bug that was not very good at math, causing rounding errors on our brought forward fields for some teams. The bug was caught, sent to class, and our team fixed the errors!
September 30th, 2021
*Drumroll please 🥁 🥁 🥁 *
Another big Vacation Tracker release that our wonderful team has been working on: the Complete Plan 🎉; a new plan including features such as:
- ➕. Accruals – Allowing you to automatically prorate leave amounts for each leave type! For additional information, please see the following guide: Accruals Guide
- 📝. Scheduled Reports – Send automated reports to specific departments to help keep track of user leave information! For additional information, please see the following guide: Guide to Scheduled Reporting
- 🏷. Labels – Categorize your users for more efficient tagging and filtering! For additional information, please see the following guide: Adding Labels
- 🧾 Billing Page Update – Along with our great new plan, we also introduced a new billing page that allows you to easily switch between our plans and allows you to switch between our annual and monthly payment options!
As for bugs, they were nice enough to give us a little bit of a break right before our release but still wanted to keep our team on their toes!
- 🐌. A small bug affected our daily notifications and was not properly showing the 2 half days in 1 day option in the notifications. Our team caught the bug and released it into the wild; you can now properly see when your user has sneakily taken 2 leave types in 1 day.
August 10th, 2021
- 👓 Take a step back and enjoy the view…using our new filters feature!! Users are able to filter upcoming leaves based on location and department! These options can also be filtered on the dashboard calendar view!
- As a bonus, the filter option can be used within the Microsoft Teams app as well 😊
- This is great news for Admins too, since they can now search for users by filtering the view based on Location or Department directly on the Users page.
- 📝 We renamed the ‘Import Users’ button to ‘Add Users’ The function is exactly the same, we just figured we’d simplify the process of adding users even more
- Lastly, we’ve updated our ‘See More Options’ button in Slack to include upcoming leave information for all active users within your Vacation Tracker account, not just those users in your department!
- 🐌 Our Add Holidays option was affected by a small bug that caused the holidays to be added to the incorrect year. Luckily, our team resolved this quickly and efficiently.
- 🐜 Another small bug affected the visual display for days that were rolled over from the previous year. When the rollover setting was previously turned on then turned off, the rolled-over days were no longer visible. Thanks to our amazing team, this was fixed promptly!
July 5th, 2021
- ✍️ Technology does change how we work; however, one thing that apparently will never change is our need to stare at a calendar in order to figure out who is away! To improve our calendar view within the online dashboard, our team added a few improvements such as:
- Location names for each holiday.
- Grouping various locations within one holiday field if locations celebrate the same holiday.
- Visually upgrade that marks non-working days and provides a clearer overview.
- Finally, the fix of the overlay for leaves with added reasons.
- 🪄 We gave users the power to edit their requests but also freaked out a few Approvers by sending them new tickets for requests without letting them know it’s an edited request! We updated the tickets, and Approvers now receive a ticket letting them see the difference between the edited and a new request.
- 🐞 A small bug affected the mobile version of our bot on Microsoft Teams which was not showing full text of our request tickets. The bug was caught and Approvers can now see all of the information before denying the leave!
- 🐛 The auto-approved leaves were affected by another pesky bug, getting the request stuck on the processing loop. The bug was removed and the auto-approved leaves are now properly approved.
- 🐜 Finally, another small bug affected our leave types page, breaking it each time a location was deleted. Our team quickly caught the bug and restored peace.
June 10th, 2021
- ✍️ In the past we would’ve sent you straight to your Office 365 Admin or to your Slack Owner to edit the name of a user within Vacation Tracker. Now, as long as you have the Admin power within Vacation Tracker, you can edit the user’s name within the user profile page!
- 🪄 In order to connect leave types and policies even quicker, we have introduced a new wizard that allows you to assign a location or multiple locations and a leave policy right on the Leave Types page. You can edit or configure the leave policies on the Locations page as always!
- 📣 Announcing the “Announce Vacation Tracker” feature! You may wonder why this feature sounds so familiar.. we are re-introducing the announcement option! Once you have completed your Vacation Tracker setup, you can now announce Vacation Tracker to all of the active users by using our Announce option on the online dashboard.
- 🐞 🐛 Our cool new Google integration had a couple of bugs that were trying to slow down our beta to live process; however, they did not succeed! We fixed the issue with editing a leave request and we are proud to say we are going live with our independent Google integration!
May 12th, 2021
*Drumroll please 🥁 🥁 🥁 * (aaand again)
We are happy to introduce our third, highly requested, independent Vacation Tracker integration: the Google Workspace integration! 🥳. 🎊. 🎉 !
After weeks of hard work and testing, our team decided to start off the summer season by introducing the beta version of our Google integration. If you have a Google Workspace account and are looking for a leave tracking tool for your organization, look no further. Try us out for free by using the following link: Vacation Tracker – Google Signup
For more information on our new integration of Vacation Tracker, feel free to check out our quick online demo: Google Online Demo
April 20th, 2021
🛠 We have updated our sign-up process and made it easy for all of you newcomers to join other amazing Vacation Tracker teams! 🐨
Now, you may be wondering, what have you been working on this whole time besides the sign-up!? But we can ensure you that we (and our QA team) have kept our Dev team busy with our new Google Workspace integration that we expect to release in the next few weeks ⌛️ !
If you are interested in our Google integration, shoot us a message via live chat or e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) at any time!
March 5th, 2021
- 🗂 As an HR tool, we had to introduce a new option for all of you HR people, that will make your monthly reporting even easier. The Leave Balance Report (Last Month option) gives you a monthly breakdown of the overall leave amounts given to users and the amount taken by users, during that specific month.
- 🏢 Did you set your company name as “John-TEST” when you started with Vacation Tracker and figured “I’ll update it later”.. well, until now you couldn’t! Now you can :). You can easily update the company name under the General settings option within the online dashboard. This update will not affect your billing information.
- 🐞 We had a small bug confusing our users by showing a token error message once users tried to set or update notifications. The bug has been caught and the confusion (we hope) has stopped.
- 🐜 A Slack specific bug was affecting our Slack users and users were unable to request half-days using the bot. The bug was caught and the issue was quickly resolved.
- 🐛 And finally, a bug preferring our MS Teams integration was affecting the Global Notifications. The issue was resolved and our MS Teams users are able to set and update the Global Notifications.
February 10th, 2021
- 🌙 Introducing Dark Mode! Again 🎉 ! Well for our Slack users again and for our Microsoft Teams users just the one introduction. You complained and we heard you loud and clear; we have brought back the dark mode version of our online dashboard. You can easily activate dark mode by using the toggle switch at the top right-hand corner of your online dashboard.
- 🐞 A small visual bug affected our bots and showed next year information instead of current year information. The bug was caught, sobered up and dealt with! The bots are now showing correct information once again!
- 🐛 Our “Quick Tour” option for Admins took a small break but our team quickly fixed the bug and the tour is back on! Admins can activate the tour at any time by clicking the Quick Tour button on the top right-hand side of the online dashboard.
January 15th, 2021
- 🎁 As part of our gift of change, we also wanted to give you a gift of confusion for 2021. Due to some confusion and misinformation involving our original user profile page we made changes and revamped the whole look! Now our users (and our Support team) all have a better understanding of the user page. 🙂
- 📆. Introducing 2 half days in 1! Some of you Slack users may say “Didn’t you already introduce this feature?” and we would say “Yes!” we loved it so much we are re-introducing it in Vacation Tracker 2.0 (the delay was for dramatic effect). You are now able to add 2 half days in 1 day (as long as the hours do not overlap).
- 🧳 Moving users from location to location has never been easier (on our system), you can now easily transfer a user from one location to another without the upcoming leave information being canceled.
- 📝 Last but not least, we have added an end date option which can easily be activated if you would like to assign end dates of contracts for specific or all users. Once the end date is reached, the user(s) will be deactivated and will not be able to request leave.
- 🐞 As mentioned earlier, with our gift of change and confusion we also picked up a small bug that caused issues with editing leave information on user profile pages. The bug has been released into the wild and everything is working well again!
- 🕷 Another small bug affected our deactivate/activate option on the User page of the online dashboard. The issue was fixed and you are able to deactivate and activate users as you please!
December 31st, 2020
*Drumroll please 🥁 🥁 🥁 * (again)
We are proud to introduce our second biggest project since the launch of Vacation Tracker and our Microsoft Teams Integration, Vacation Tracker 2.0 for Slack 🥳. 🎊. 🎉 !
This holiday season we decided to give our Slack teams the best gift of all, change. And who doesn’t love change! Vacation Tracker 2.0 includes many features requested by our teams such as locations and editing of leaves and an improved design of our online dashboard!
For more information on our new version of Vacation Tracker, feel free to check out our quick online demo: Slack Online Demo
Last year, we made the mistake of jinxing ourselves by wishing you happy holidays and bragging about the lack of bugs. This year we can proudly say we cannot brag but we can still wish you and your team Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year!
See you in 2021! 💜
November 15th, 2020
- 🛎 You asked (over and over again), we delivered! You are now able to edit leaves within Vacation Tracker. Regular Users are able to edit their leave information for pending and upcoming leaves. Admins and Approvers are able to edit past, current and future leave information for regular Users.
- 📆 Another popular request: leave quota being reset based on the employee start date. You are now able to choose between resetting the leave quota based on the Accounting Year (Fiscal Year) or the Employee Start Date.
October 5th, 2020
*Drumroll please 🥁 🥁 🥁 *
We are very happy to introduce one of our biggest “projects” since the launch of our Slack integration: Vacation Tracker for Microsoft Teams 🥳. 🎊. 🎉 ! After very long nights and even longer days our new integration is finally here and ready for you Teams’ users. Vacation Tracker has a fresh and improved design, with some brand new features such as Locations, Leave Policies, and Microsoft Teams tab!
To sign up with Vacation Tracker (Microsoft Teams) go to: Vacation Tracker – Microsoft Teams Signup and for more details check out our blog: Vacation Tracker for Microsoft Teams
September 5th, 2020
- 🚀 We have successfully signed up our selected group of beta-testing teams to our MS Teams integration that our team has been working on night and day and night.. and day… The new features are being tested and our upgraded system is being prepped for both our live MS Teams integration and our Slack teams upgrade to Vacation Tracker 2.0.
- 🐌 A discriminatory time-zone issue affected a small number of teams in Australia and New Zealand. Luckily our team was able to catch the bug and re-establish peace.
August 20th, 2020
Our Marketing team was feeling extra innovative and came up with another great tool to help you track your breaks, distractions and tasks!
Introducing Doropomo 🎉. 🎊 ! You can apply the Pomodoro method 🍅 with a few simple commands and spend time more efficiently and effectively: https://vacationtracker.io/doropomo
July 29th, 2020
In the midst of our team working hard on our upcoming features, MS Teams integration and our Vacation Tracker 2.0 upgrade, our Marketing team took some time to create a great little tool that can help you prep for your upcoming vacation! 🧳
Welcome our very own Out of Office generator 🎉 🎊 ! It’ll help you generate that perfect auto reply. Saving you time while helping you brighten someone’s day with a funky email: https://vacationtracker.io/ooo-generator/
May 29th, 2020
- ⌛ We have created a new status “Expired” for requested leaves that have not been approved nor denied by approvers; therefore, the leave request has expired. The status can be found in the history of leaves on the profile page of any user!
- 🛠️ We are also in the process of revamping some of our error messages to include more detail and explanation to make any delays efficiently resolved for our users!
- Besides social distancing, our team has been working hard on our big upcoming integrations and features! We are very excited for our MS Teams and GSuite integrations as well as the Vacation Tracker 2.0 version of our Slack integration. For more information on upcoming features check out our new Roadmap page and feel free to contact us if you have any feature requests yourself! We love to hear feedback from our teams (as long as it’s positive)… just kidding! 🙂
March 31st, 2020
- 💪 Due to the current global situation we decided to expedite and release the “Two Half Days in One” feature for all of our teams which will allow your team to include two half day leaves in one day. For example: you will now be able to add a half-day for Working Remotely and a half-day for a PTO leave.
- ⬆️ We also revamped our Export page for both report types: the Leave History report and the Employee Leave Status report. The Leave History Report can now include a status column for approved, denied and approved and denied leaves. The Employee Leave Status report has also been updated to show information for the previous, current and upcoming year.
We are practicing social distancing even with our bugs 🐝 and it has proven successful! We are taking this additional time to work on great new features and revamping our internal system.
February 29th, 2020
- We introduced the push button for daily and weekly notifications on both the general (global) and team notifications! You are now able to send either of the notifications outside of the scheduled time.
- We have also re-vamped our notifications by re-organizing the text and introducing emojis to represent different teams!
- Finally, you can now manually edit the half day amount of custom leaves on each user’s page by using a decimal point! (We also introduced a small bug that didn’t allow any decimal points shortly after, but that was fixed very quickly 🙂 )
- 🐜 Our new My Status button found on our Slack bot took a small break but our team quickly fixed it and everything is back to normal!
- 🦗The hidden leave names were still showing on the calendar sync so we worked on the fix to make sure that the hidden leave names aren’t showing through our calendar sync anymore.
January 31st, 2020
- We would have more features this month; however, we have too many free QAs keeping us busy.. (you know who you are… ) 😏
Unfortunately we jinxed ourselves in the previous changelog update but at least the year start was exciting!
- 🐛 The rollover issue affected some of our teams and caused discrepancies in the count for the current year (2020) for any teams that had our rollover option active (both partial and full rollover). It took some time and a lot of sleepless nights (and possibly whiskey), but we managed to fix the bug and edit the affected accounts to show the correct information. We will also be implementing some changes to our system to ensure we are ready for the next batch of rollovers!
- 🐜 A small bug caused our daily notifications to arrive even when all of the team members are away. The bug was caught and resolved quickly!
- 🦗 Last but certainly not least, thanks to a small bug teams who finished the trial period still had access to our dashboard. Although very convenient for first time users, we had to fix the bug and now everything works well (unfortunately).
December 31st, 2019
For the end of the year, we decided to gift our teams with some extra features such as:
- 👀 Adding the frequently requested “Hide Leave Type” toggle which allows leave types to be hidden from the Calendar, the Dashboard and all notifications. Only admins, approvers and the user requesting the leave are able to see the leave name.
- ♾️ Newly created bulk activation and deactivation feature will allow activation/deactivation of more than one user at once. This option can be found on our Team Members page.
- 📋 We didn’t forget about the approvers! We have added the requested team list for approvers which can be found under the Manage Requests on the left-hand side on the approver dashboard view.
- 🗓️ We have also upgraded our calendar view setting to affect other areas once a user changes the view to Monday to Sunday or Sunday to Saturday. The view will now affect the export page, adding holidays and adding leaves. (You’re welcome.)
- 🏢 Last but not least (that could be disputed), is the change made on our online dashboard where we added the company name under the user’s name on the left-hand side for more clearance.
As for the bugs:
Well… it seems that we managed to finish this year’s Changelog on a very positive note! Lack of bugs and many features equal a very merry end of the year. 🎉
Happy Holidays from Vacation Tracker and All the Best in the New Year!
December 6th, 2019
- 📝 Added the “Who is Off” portion on the requests sent to approvers/admins letting them know who is also away from the same team, on the day requested.
- ⬆️ Improved the “Add Leave” button on the admin dashboard but separating adding a leave for users and requesting a leave as an admin.
- 🖼️ The user profile is now accessible by clicking on the image on our Vacation Tracker dashboard.
- 📋 We also added the “My Status” button on Slack so that users are able to see a summary of remaining and used days just like they can on the dashboard.
More features coming soon!
- 🐜 A small bug was found on the dashboard with adding/requesting disabled custom leaves. Both users and admins were able to add/request the disabled leaves. Bug fixed and the inactive custom leaves are not showing anymore under the request leave option.
- 🐞 After creating the “Allow Negative Balance” toggle a bug allowed users to go over their PTO balance even if the settings are set to not allow this option. Bug fixed and the toggle works as expected.
November 12th, 2019
- 🎉 Attention admins, you are now able to allow/prevent your team members to go over their allowed leave limit while creating or editing any leave.
- 📝 We also introduced the option to make the “Add Reason” field either mandatory or not mandatory, depending on your preferences.
More features coming soon!
- 📣 Guest accounts, such as multi-channel Slack users, are not able to use “Sign In with Slack” due to Slack’s policy; meaning they are unable to access the Vacation Tracker Dashboard. However, multi-channel guests are able to use the Vacation Tracker bot through Slack at any time.
October 25th, 2019
- 🗓️ The calendar feed is now available for all team members (not only admins), on the Calendar page!
- 🔔 We also created a warning message in case a team member requested leave days over the allowed limit.
More features coming soon!
- 🐜 We had two minor issues go Godzilla; one being the deactivated users issue created by a Slack event that affected a small group of teams and activated deactivated users. The issue was resolved and the users were deactivated.
- 🐞 Another issue was related to the time zone and affected multiple users by showing the wrong information in the daily and weekly notifications and both the dashboard and synched calendars. We took away sleeping privileges and the issue was resolved; the notifications and the calendars are showing the correct information.
September 27th, 2019
- 🎉 Happy to finally break the dependency of the approval role by dividing the admin and approver roles into two! Meaning the approver does not have to be an admin to have approver privileges.
- 📝 The approver will see a list of all approved/denied requests with the ability to cancel them.
- 🛎️ The approver will also receive leave requests in Slack and the dashboard and will be able to approve/deny them.
More features coming soon!
- 🐜 Once a new holiday import is done, previous holiday information isn’t automatically removed. Bug fixed.
- 🐞 Resolved an issue with popups remaining on the page.
- 🦗 There was a confirmation popup missing once an admin is removed; the popup issue is fixed.
September 10th, 2019
- 💌 Team member onboarding messages have been updated for easier communication.
- 💬 Admins can now announce Vacation Tracker to their team from the dashboard. If an admin decides to skip the option to announce Vacation Tracker during the signup flow, they can do it later on from the dashboard by using the announce icon in upper right corner of the screen.
- 🐜 There was an issue with requesting leaves. This has been resolved.
- 🐞 A bug with notifications not being sent has been fixed.
- 🕷️ An issue with the remaning days not matching on multiple pages on the dashboard has been resolved.
August 16th, 2019
- 🎥 Onboarding videos have been added to the signup flow.
- 🔘 Toggles have been replaced with dorpdowns in the export tab.
- 📃 The reports have been renamed to “Leave history report” and “Employee leave statuses”.
- 0️⃣ Administrators can now put 0 for PTO on an employee profile. The employee is still eligible to ask for a a PTO but the admin will be notified about the employee’s quota.
- 📃 Individual URLs for dahsboard tabs have been added. You can now easily send a url of a VT dashboard tab to your team members.
- 🐜 There was an issue with displaying notifications during non-working days. This has been resolved.
August 6th, 2019
- 📨 Notifications have been updated for a better overview of upcoming leaves.
- 📅 We’ve improved how half-days for non-PTO leave types appear in the calendar.
- 🎬 Explainer videos have been added to the signup flow for a better understanding.
- 📝 The resubscribe page has been modified for a better overview.
- 🐞 There was a small issue with the removal of leaves from user history. It has been resolved.
- 🐜 A messaging problem on the “See more options” button on the bot has been resolved.
July 17th, 2019
- 🗃️A second type of export has been added to Vacation Tracker. Administrators can now export a summary of leave types for each employee individually.
- 🐞 There was a small issue with daily notifications. It has been resolved.
July 8th, 2019
- 🗓️ Admins can now set a custom workweek for the entire company, or for individual employees. This can be done through the administrator dashboard or during the signup flow. For more information visit our FAQ.
- ℹ️ The request form in Slack has had a major overhaul for a better overview.
- ☀️ Admins can now allow half-days for all leave types. Simply select the leave type you want to allow this for, and activate the “Allow half-days” switch.
- 📝 Textual adjustments to the administrator dashboard for a better understanding.
- 🐞 Minor bugs have been fixed.
June 19th, 2019
- 💬 Admins can now see which team members are on leave on the requested day before approving a leave to a new team member.
- 🗓 Admins can now sync google calendar only for their team.
- 🐜 There was an issue with auto-approve which has been resolved.
- 🦋 An issue with requests in Slack has been resolved.
May 15th, 2019
- 📆 Until now, the default leave type was named “Vacations, days off and half days”. Now, the administrators can rename the default leave type any way they want.
- 👥 Users can now be deactivated through the “Team Members” page on the administrator dashboard.
- 🐜 Minor bugs have been fixed.
May 10th, 2019
- 💳 You can now add VAT info to invoices, trough the VAT field on the Billing page.
- 💬 Special offer information has been added to invoices.
- 🗓 History on user profiles has been improved for easier overview.
- 🐝 There was an issue with team notifications settings. This has been resolved.
- 🐌 The issue with “reason” for half-days displaying on the calendar for regular users when they hover over the half-day in the calendar has been fixed.
- 🕷Notifications for next week have been updated not to show during the current week.
April 12th, 2019
- 📮 Administrators can now set daily/weekly notifications for each team separately.
- 👤 We’ve added dark mode to the Vacation Tracker dashboard.
- 🐜 Minor bugs have been fixed.
April 4th, 2019
- 👥 The layout of the team members page has been adjusted for better organization.
- 🖌 The layout of the teams’ page and the team overview page have been improved.
- 👤 The loading speed of the team members page has been improved.
- 🐜 There was an issue with export. It has been resolved.
- 🐝 The issue with selecting a user from the “Add Days Off” popup on the dashboard has been resolved.
- 🐞 Minor bugs have been resolved on the Roll Over Expiry Date feature.
March 26th, 2019
- 🗓 Rollover expiry date has been introduced to Vacation Tracker. Admins can now set a custom date when transferred days will expire.
- 🇨🇭 We’ve added Switzerland to import holidays list.
- 🐜 An issue with deleting vacations has been resolved.
- 🐝 There was a problem with re-subscription.
March 21st, 2019
- 🗓 Half days are now activated by default. Current users have previously activated half days through Settings. New teams won’t have to activate it manually, as it is now activated by default.
- 📅 We’ve added a “Add Days Off” button on each user’s profile, so admins could request time off directly from their profiles.
- 💬 Slack messages with request responses have been rewritten for easier communication.
- 👥 We’ve updated our signup flow for easier navigation.
- 🐝 There was an issue with reasons for vacation not showing on users’ profiles. This has been resolved.
- 🐌 A few teams had an issue with the counting of the remaining days off. An inaccurate number of days was appearing on the dashboard, but it’s working correctly now.
March 14th, 2019
- 🗓 Administrators can now adjust vacation period reset dates, depending on the company’s vacation policy. The start/year-end date can be changed during the onboarding process, and in the “Settings” page in the administrator dashboard.
- 🚪 We’ve separated signup and login, so the users who aren’t admins can access the dashboard easily. All they have to do is confirm their identity in order to access the dashboard.
- 👥 If you’re not seeing some of your Slack users in Vacation Tracker, you can easily run synchronization again. You can find this option on the “Team Members” page.
- ⚙ Until recently, Slack admins were configured in Settings – Employee Settings, however, this has been improved for easier navigation. You can now easily change each team member’s status in the “Team Members” page.
- 🐝 There was an issue with saving notification settings in the “Settings” page. This has been resolved.
February 26th, 2019
- 👥 Previously, all team members of a Slack organization were automatically imported. Now, you can select which Slack users will be using Vacation Tracker.
- 👨💻 Slack admins are no longer required to be Vacation Tracker admins as well. You can always configure these settings in Settings – Employee Settings.
- ⌨ Admins can now add/remove multichannel Slack guests from a Vacation Tracker organization. Previously, guest users were not imported into Vacation Tracker. Now, certain guest users (multi-channel guest users only) will be able to use Vacation Tracker as well.
- ❌ We’re introducing “Inactive” users to Vacation Tracker. Inactive users are the ones who haven’t been important during the Vacation Tracker onboarding process, or if they have been removed manually. Admins can view their history and of course, activate them if needed.
- 👁️🗨️ We’ve redesigned the Team Members page for a much better overview of each team member’s information and status (Active, Inactive and Deleted).
- ✔ Admins can automatically import new Slack team members to Vacation Tracker through General Setting in the administrator dashboard.
- 💸 Billing updates – Since Vacation Tracker charges customers based on the number of active users in an organization, billing will be impacted now that adding/removing users from the Team Members page is possible. Vacation Tracker will now charge customers based on the maximum number of concurrent users of any month.
- 🐞 There was a global bug with calculations of the remaining days off. We’ve fixed it.
February 8th, 2019
- 🔭 We’ve improved the way leave types are displayed in daily and weekly notifications.
- 🏂 The dashboard and the Slack bot updates have been provided for teams with the unlimited vacations policy.
- ℹ The team member page has been improved for team users and admins with unlimited vacation policy by hiding the redundant info’s.
- 🐝 The Vacation Tracker chatbot had some wording mistakes. This has been corrected.
- 🦋 We’ve removed some unnecessary information on the team members page.
January 31st, 2019
- 🤖 You can now add the Vacation Tracker chatbot to private channels in Slack. To choose a channel, please go to “Settings” on the dashboard.
- 🗓 The dropdown menu on the dashboard and the calendar page have been updated for easier overview.
- 🐝 There was an issue which prevented users from completing the onboarding flow. It has been fixed.
- 🐜 The issue with the billing page country dropdown has been fixed.
- 🦋 We’ve fixed an issue with the default team not being properly displayed on the “Teams” page.
January 18th, 2019
- 📅 The remaining number of days is now displayed on each team member’s profile on the team member page.
- 💳 Credit card information and layout have been updated for easier overview.
- 💬 The wording for unlimited teams Slack messages has been updated.
- 🐝 There was an issue with displaying notifications. It has been fixed.
- 🦋 Issues with updating billing information have been resolved.
- 🐜 We’ve fixed the issue with adding multiple holiday days.
January 10th, 2019
- 🏝 We’ve improved how leave types on a team member’s profile view are displayed.
- 📅 A pop up has been added to the calendar, displaying a reason for taking time off. This feature is available only for the administrators.
- 🗓 Calendar colors have been updated for easier overview.
- 📃 A preview of the Daily and Weekly team notifications has been added.
- 🎨 Leave type color configuration has been updated, and all colors are now displayed on the calendar legend.
- 🐝 There was an issue with holidays from 2019 not displaying in history. It has been fixed.
- 🦋 Issues with team configuration have been fixed.
- 🐜 We’ve fixed the issue with the remaining days display.
December 22nd, 2018
- 📋 Admins can now edit the “Employee since” date on a team member’s profile.
- 🗓 Users and admins can now see the number of available days in the current (2018) and the next year (2019).
- 📆 Admins can enter a value for a half day (0.5) in user’s available days (current and next year).
- 🖊 Corrected spelling mistakes in the bot summary message on Slack.
November 26th, 2018
- 📅 Users can now request the current day as a day off for any leave type.
- 💬 Predefined reasons when requesting a day off have been removed.
- 🐞 No bugs were harmed in the making of this release!
November 21st, 2018
- 🗓 We’ve added rollover policies, allowing admins to transfer unused vacation days to next year. There are three options available: no transfer, transfer everything and transfer a specific number of days.
- ✔ A confirmation message has been added when a user requests time off via dashboard.
- 📑 The order of tabs in “Settings” has been changed for easier navigation.
- 👥 We’ve changed how team members are displayed in the “Team members” page for a better overview.
- 📮 Personalized info messages have been added on each team members’ dashboard.
- 🐞 Team members who were supposed to be admins were not in Vacation Tracker. This issue has been resolved.
- 🐛 We’ve fixed the issue with the inaccurate number of available days off for new team members.
November 14th, 2018
- 🗺 We’re proudly introducing the concept of Leave Types. Administrators can easily configure the organization’s leave types through the “Settings” page. The default leave type is “Vacations and Days Off”. All other leave types ranging from Sick Day, Conference, Working Remotely, PTO, Paternity Leave, Jury Duty and more, can be configured by the administrators. And you can have up to 9 completely customizable leave types besides vacations and days off.
- 🐞 There was an issue with notifications not being sent out in the correct time. We’ve fixed it.
- 🐛 The way remaining vacation days are calculated has been improved. We’ve fixed the bug teams had when they took vacations using our slack command.
- 🦋 From now on when admins set unlimited vacation days in global settings, all new users will have these set up in their settings as well.
October 30th, 2018
- 🗑 Administrators can now delete teams which do not have any members.
- 📣 Administrators now have the option to deny a request with reason on the dashboard as well. Previously, it was allowed only through the Vacation Tracker bot.
- 🗓 We’ve changed how holidays for multiple teams are displayed in the calendar for easier navigation. Now, it’s even easier to track which teams are out of the office.
- 📱Multiple improvements have been made for the mobile (Signup flow, Breadcrumbs, Tooltip, and Dashboard)
- 🐞 No bugs were harmed in the making of this release!
October 16th, 2018
- 🕤 Another cool feature has been added to Vacation Tracker. Admins can allow their teams to request a half day off and are able to see the exact day and timing in which their team members will be absent. Find this feature on Settings -> General -> Activate.
- 🕓 Team members can now request a half-day off through Vacation Tracker bot or dashboard.
- 💰You can now enter your coupon code during signup for an additional free period on Vacation Tracker.
- 🗓 By clicking on a half-day request for a specific employee in the calendar, a pop-up will appear showing the requested time. The reason for taking a half-day is visible only to admins.
- 🎨A new color has been introduced to the calendar which indicates that an employee has taken a half day off.
- 🖌And we’ve added a legend in the top left corner that now shows specific colors for holidays, days off and a half-days off.
- 📆 We’ve also added the ability to filter the calendar by teams.
- 💻 The Vacation Tracker signup flow has been optimized, and we’ve added a product tour to our dashboard.
- 🗑 We’ve removed the “People who took vacation” tab in the dashboard for a better overview and easier navigation.
- 🐛 No bugs were harmed in the making of this release!
October 11th, 2018
- 🗃 You can now export a list of vacations to a CSV file.
- 📧 We love hearing your feedback. And now, you have the option to leave your email address in order to get a reply.
- 🐞There was an issue with customization of the number of vacation days on user profiles. We’ve fixed it.
October 5th, 2018
- 💬 Daily notifications have been added. (A new type of notifications which now include: A summary of the team members who are off today and holidays for that day; A summary of the team members who are off tomorrow and holidays for that day; Buttons that link to the dashboard and calendar)
- 🕛 You can now send multiple vacation requests at the same time. (Send a consecutive request without waiting for the first request to be approved.)
- 📣 We’ve improved the way notifications are sent upon cancelling a vacation. All affected team members will be notified on time.
- ⏳ You can now view your previously approved vacations in your history.
- ❌ Administrators now have the ability to remove past vacations.
- 💳 A coupon code field has been added to the billing tab – allowing you to use your coupon before the first paid month.
- 💳 The coupon code field has been added to the re-activation page as well.
- 🔧 We’ve added tooltips in the team member’s page in the dashboard for easier customization.
- 🐞 No bugs were harmed in the making of this release!
Do you have some questions? Find answers in our FAQ.
September 28th, 2018
- ⏰ Working around the clock has paid off. We have successfully improved how days off for the next year are managed. 2019, here we come!
- 📝 You can now customize the number of days off per employee until the end of the current year.
- 📆 Improved calendar on the dashboard patiently awaits for you! We have added buttons for easier calendar navigation between years.
- 🧐 A short video tutorial has been provided on our homepage which describes how easy it is to request vacation through Vacation Tracker.
- 🐞 No bugs were harmed in the making of this release!
September 20th, 2018
- 🔐 Team Members can now install the Vacation Tracker bot in Slack. You no longer need to be a Slack admin for your organization to install Vacation Tracker for your team.
- 📝 Now it is easier to to change the end date of your vacation since we’ve renamed show date picker button to choose end date in Slack.
- 📆 Interested to see how Vacation Tracker works, and will it fit your team needs? You can now schedule a demo, trough our landing page vacationtracker.io/request-a-demo/.
- 🐞 We’ve fixed the bot option “see which team members are away: this week.” It was off because it was showing team members that will be on vacation in following weeks as well.
- 🐛 Now it is easier to read our blog on mobile, we’ve fixed mobile layout.
August 30th, 2018
- 🔐 Wouldn’t it be cool to allow everyone to see our nice dashboard? We just did it! You can now access the dashboard and see your profile, calendar and future days off even as a regular user.
- 📝 Text field for a reason is more cool than buttons, that’s why we added it to the requesting day off flow in Slack.
- 🐜 No bugs were harmed in the making of this release!
August 28th, 2018
- 💬 It’s useful to see how many days off you have remaining when you are sending the request, so we added that info to our Slack bot response.
- ⚠️ Vacation Tracker will notify you for vacation overlapping when you try to book a new vacation on the same dates as another vacation you already booked or a holiday. This works for both Slack and the dashboard.
- 📝 You can now see a link to our changelog from the dashboard, so you can track all changes we are applying to our system.
- ❓You can also see the link to our FAQ from the dashboard.
- 🐞 No bugs were harmed in the making of this release!
August 13th, 2018
- 📅 As teams in some parts of the world have working week from Sunday to Thursday, and as we want to support all awesome teams that are using Slack, we added an option where you can choose if your working week is Monday-Friday or Sunday-Thursday. At the moment, this is only on account level, and you can set it in the onboarding or from the Settings in the Dashboard.
- ⛵️You can now add one day vacations via our Slack bot!
- ☎️ If admin adds a vacation through the Dashboard, user and other admins will now receive a notification in Slack. This way you’ll stay on top of your company vacations.
- 📆You can now see your existing vacations in Slack bot calendar while requesting a new vacation or a day off.
- ∞ There wan an issue with setting unlimited vacation policy for the whole team. We fixed it!
August 6th, 2018
- 🎟 Sometimes we want to reward our awesome users for being awesome, that’s why we added an ability to apply coupon codes through the dashboard.
- 💸 As we want to be as transparent as we can, we want our users to know when is the next invoice and how much will they pay. That’s why we added next invoice section to the Billing tab of the Settings. This will also allow you to see if the promo code is applied to your next invoice.
- 🔎 You can now filter the Dashboard home page by team.
- 🤗 When new users join your Slack, they didn’t know about Vacation Tracker, but now we’ll send them a friendly message to let them know how to use the bot. To disable this feature, see the Settings section in the Dashboard.
- 🤩 Our rating/feedback form has support for dialogs now.
- 🚪 Slack guest users were imported in the list of all users, we fixed it and you shouldn’t see guests anymore.
- 📦 Users that are on vacation currently were both on the “Upcoming days off” and “History” lists. As we doubt that Schrödinger’s cat is our user, we fix that issue.
- 🏖 We fixed vacation days count, it was off because of the issue with counting rejected time-off. Now you should always see the correct number of your remaining vacation days.
July 30th, 2018
- ❌ No one likes to reject vacation requests, except our CEO, he loves clicking on the red button. But sometimes there’s a reason why you need to reject the request. Now you can add that reason! When rejecting a vacation request, a popup with text field for a rejection reason will appear and allow you to explain your rejection.
- 💬 Sometimes you want to request a vacation with a short explanation. Now you can do that directly from Slack.
- 🔙 Now you can easily go back when navigating through the chatbot options using buttons.
- ⏰ Admins can now change the default time format. You can choose DD/MM/YYYY, MM/DD/YYYY or YYYY-MM-DD. If you need more time formats, let us know!
- 🔎 Search for team members is fixed, and works for all pages now.
- ⏳ We finally fixed the double loading on the dashboard.
- 🐛 One of the commands from “/vacation help” had a typo. It’s fixed now.
- 📜 We fixed several pagination issues, too.
July 11th, 2018
- 🚒 We know that some people still prefer asking for days off in person instead of going through Slack 😱 So we’ve added the ability for admins to add days off through the dashboard! You can even add days off retroactively. At the moment, you can access this feature via this link: app.vacationtracker.io/signup/add-days-off. More info is coming in a couple of days in our FAQ.
- 🧐 It’s always important to know if anyone else from the same team is off when approving a vacation request. We know it is! So you no longer need to leave Slack to get that information, as of now, Vacation Tracker will send you that info with vacation requests.
- 🔃 If you have a large team, front page and team page lists were too long. So we replaced the scroll in scroll feature with pagination.
- No bugs were harmed in the making of this release!
July 3rd, 2018
- 🚀 Trying to find the URL of our dashboard can be annoying, so we added “Open Dashboard” button to Slack slash command for admin users. You can now click on the button and open the dashboard.
- 🛸 Sometimes, approving the vacation request requires more info. That’s why we added “Go to Dashboard” button next to “Approve” and “Reject” buttons in Slack. You can now access the dashboard with a single click when approving the request.
- 🔭 At the end of the month, it’s not enough to see who is off this month, so we added “Next Week” and “Next Month” buttons to /vacation command.
- ☎️ We added a new notification for admins that will be sent when someone cancels a vacation.
- 📺 Finally, we know that you love gifs, so we added more gif screencasts to our FAQ (see the FAQ page).
- Fix Dashboard > Settings > Notifications dropdown issue (more info).
- Fix Calendar – Holiday name is now entirely visible (more info).
- Fix Teams edit page – Users input field width is increased and values are not cut off.
- Fix dates when people are back to work.
- Fix holiday request command – it doesn’t just add days anymore.
- Sort admins in alphabetical order in Select admins dropdown in the dashboard.
Do you have some questions? Find answers in our FAQ.